Moishe Turner of Monsey got sentenced to 10 years probation Tuesday morning for sexually abusing a 14-year-old boy on seven occassions in July 2011.
He didn’t get state prison time – facing a maximum of seven years – because the boy’s family didn’t want the child to testify, tying the hands of the Rockland District Attorney’s Office.
But the 59-year-old unemployed father of five children didn’t make life easy for his lawyer, Kenneth Gribetz, the former Rockland County prosecutor. He lives off of food stamps and gets Section 8 rental subsidies.
First off, Turner’s pre-sentence report by Rockland County probation officer recommended six months in jail.
Justice William Kelly said the report stated Turner was seemingly trying to blame the 14-year-old, calling the youngster sexually aggressive and a wild child.
Kelly allowed Gribetz a recess so he could talk to turned. Gribetz could be heard telling Turner it’s time to stop the nonsense (cleaned up version).
At some point, when Kelly was talking, Turner’s cell phone went off, leading to a rebuke from Gribetz.
After Kelly classified Turner as a Level 2 sex offender, Turner asked Gribetz why not the lowest designation – Level 1.
Gribetz essentially told Turner the judge was talking about the highest classification – Level 3 – so he should take Level 2 and leave.
- Alex Boone Limited Jersey
- Nike Women’s Alex Boone Limited Alternate Jersey – #75 NFL Nike San Francisco 49ers Black
- Carlos Hyde Women’s Jersey
- Carlos Hyde Black Jersey
- Carlos Hyde Elite Jersey
- Nike Women’s Carlos Hyde Elite Jersey – #28 NFL Nike San Francisco 49ers Black Impact
- Joe Staley Limited Jersey
- Joe Staley Youth Jersey
- Joe Staley Men’s Jersey
- Nike Youth Joe Staley Limited Home Jersey – #74 NFL Nike San Francisco 49ers Red
- Jimmie Ward Black Jersey
- Jimmie Ward Limited Jersey
- Jimmie Ward Men’s Jersey
- Nike Youth Jimmie Ward Limited Alternate Jersey – #25 NFL Nike San Francisco 49ers Black
- Patrick Willis Team Road Jersey